Zeiger moved to San Diego in 1970, where he received a Masters Degree from San Diego State University in telecommunications and film. He taught at Point Loma High School for 33 years. His productions started out as a final class project for his senior English students. The productions flourished to become extravagant Broadway-like musicals with more than 100 students involved in each project. Currently, Larry Zeiger is co-authoring the book, SWAPPING STORIES – A PAIRING OF WINE AND WORDS and working on his new CD of potential Oscar-winning song hits.
- ‘Delhi Crime’ Wins big at Asian Academy Creative Awards December 7, 2019Richie Mehta’s harrowing Netflix series “Delhi Crime” was the big winner at the 2nd annual Asian Academy Creative Awards in Singapore on Friday. Representing the show, lead actress Shefali Shah was rushed off her feet as she repeatedly had to return to the stage. “Delhi Crime” earned her best actress in a leading role, best […]Patrick Frater
- Film News Roundup: Leonardo DiCaprio Presenting Robert De Niro SAG Life Achievement Award December 7, 2019In today’s film news roundup, Leonardo DiCaprio will present Robert De Niro with his SAG Life Achievement Award, the Oliver Sacks documentary finds a home and UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television gets a new dean. AWARD PRESENTATION Leonardo DiCaprio has been selected to present Robert De Niro the SAG Life Achievement Award at […]Dave McNary
- ‘Karnawal,’ ‘Restless,’ ‘Summer White,’ ‘Firsts’ Win Big at Ventana Sur December 7, 2019BUENOS AIRES — With Ventana Sur now firing on multiple cylinders, featuring pix-in post or project competitions for not only art films but also genre pics and animation – two sectors embraced by young creators in Latin America – “Karnawal,” “Restless,” “Summer White” and “Firsts” proved big winners among Ventana Sur’s arthouse and animation competitions, [ […]John Hopewell
- From “1917” to “Jojo Rabbit,” Composers of Some of the Year’s Top Scores Talk Shop December 7, 2019“1917,” Thomas Newman The 20-year collaboration of director Sam Mendes and composer Thomas Newman has encompassed midlife crisis (“American Beauty”), crime in the Depression (“Road to Perdition”), the Gulf War (“Jarhead”), marriage in the 1950s (“Revolutionary Road”) and two James Bond adventures (“Skyfall,” “Spectre”). Now they’ve tackled World War I, with […]Andrew M. Barker
- ‘Aladdin’ Spinoff With Billy Magnussen’s Character in the Works for Disney Plus December 7, 2019Disney is developing a spinoff of its live-action “Aladdin” with Billy Magnussen reprising his Prince Anders character. The unnamed project is in early development for the studio’s recently launched Disney Plus streaming service. Disney has hired Jordan Dunn and Michael Kvamme to write a script centered on the haughty Prince Anders, one of Princess Jasmine’s […]Dave McNary
- ‘Delhi Crime’ Wins big at Asian Academy Creative Awards December 7, 2019