Zeiger moved to San Diego in 1970, where he received a Masters Degree from San Diego State University in telecommunications and film. He taught at Point Loma High School for 33 years. His productions started out as a final class project for his senior English students. The productions flourished to become extravagant Broadway-like musicals with more than 100 students involved in each project. Currently, Larry Zeiger is co-authoring the book, SWAPPING STORIES – A PAIRING OF WINE AND WORDS and working on his new CD of potential Oscar-winning song hits.
- AFI Fest Film Review: Saoirse Ronan in ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ November 16, 2018By any account, death by beheading is a horrible way to go. For Mary Stuart, it was an especially grisly affair, requiring three good whacks of the ax to decapitate a woman who, to her perpetual unhappiness, had as much a claim to England’s throne as her cousin, Queen Elizabeth. Like an entire season of […]Peter Debruge
- ‘Black Panther,’ ‘A Star Is Born’ Shine at Hollywood Music in Media Awards November 16, 2018“Black Panther” took home three prizes at the 9th Annual Hollywood Music in Media Awards, clawing past “A Star is Born,” with two wins. Songwriter Diane Warren was the only individual to nab multiple honors, while Germany’s Max Richter earned the best original score trophy for his contemporary take on the 16th century with “Mary […]Erin Nyren
- Film News Roundup: Coldplay Documentary ‘Head Full of Dreams’ Grosses $3.5 Million in One Day November 16, 2018In today’s film news roundup, Coldplay documentary “A Head Full of Dreams” performs well, Jon Heder’s “When Jeff Tried to Save the World” gets distribution and shooting has begun on transgender drama “Gossamer Folds.” BOX OFFICE Trafalgar Releasing has reported more than $3.5 million in box office revenue in one day for the Coldplay documentary […] […]Dave McNary
- Beyonce Buys Out Ivy Park Co-Owner After Chairman Accused of Sexual and Racial Harassment November 16, 2018Beyonce’s Parkwood Entertainment company yesterday bought out British retailer Arcadia Group Ltd, the co-owner of the Ivy Park fashion brand. Arcadia chairman Philip Green is currently being investigated for sexual and racial harassment, as former British cabinet minister Peter Hain reported. Hain also said Green was granted a court injunction to keep the Br […]Rachel Yang
- Broadway Review: ‘The Prom’ November 16, 2018It seems like a dubious musical mash-up: Broadway narcissists-turned-activists take over a middle-American town to help a lesbian teen who just wants to bring her date to the prom. But with a tuneful score, a playful book, and performances that remind you what Broadway heart and chutzpah are all about, this cause celebre of a […]Gordon Cox
- AFI Fest Film Review: Saoirse Ronan in ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ November 16, 2018